Sunday, September 27, 2015

Meet the Kittens

Two of our fur babies need to be introduced together. Our adorable black sister kittens that we adopted from the Humane Society.

The rare two headed cat
How did we decide to introduce TWO black kittens to our home when we already had a dog and a cat? My boyfriend and I were at the pet store buying litter for my older cat and he pointed out that there was a pet adoption center in the back of the store. He suggested we go inside and look at the animals. I told him that it was a bad idea because I knew I would want to leave with something...

So we headed into the pet adoption center. There were several rooms which housed the older kitties, giving them more space to roam around. At the end of the hallway we turned left into a big room with ferret cages with two kittens in each cage. In the first cage we saw the most adorable sister kittens. It was love at first sight. They were so goofy playing with us through the bars of the cage and reaching out to us. They seemed so attached to each other climbing all over each other playing and cuddling together. I just knew we had to have them.


 My boyfriend and I debated for a while about what to do. I felt like we were making a very impulsive decision adding two more cats to our home. I was worried about what my parents would say. I could not figure out what to do and of course the boyfriend was no help. I also worried about having too many pets in our apartment. I decided we should go home and think things through. As soon as we left I regretted not having them with us, but I still worried about bringing home two more cats. How would the older cat react? How would they react to the dog?

The next day we went back to the pet store with the intention to adopt them, but still uncertain if we were making the right decision. The man working there told us another family had come in earlier looking but wanted to separate them. It broke my heart to think about them being separated, they were obviously very bonded to each other. I walked back out to the store to make my final decision when my boyfriend texted me and said, "If you don't want these kittens you are going to have to pry them from my hands"..


The adoption center was thrilled we were adopting them together, took a final picture of us with our new children, and sent us on our way. They do everything together and look so similar that only certain personality quirks and different meows help us differentiate between the two. We have different color collars on to help!


I could not imagine my life without these fur babies. They are sweet, goofy, loving, and so so funny. They love to cuddle, play, eat, and sleep! Adopting these girls was the best decision we ever made. I am absolutely obsessed with them and take way too many pictures of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment