Monday, September 21, 2015

House Keeping

We all look forward to the weekend because they mean no school and hopefully no work! Weekends are the time to unwind and relax after a long week. So who wants to spend their weekend cleaning their house? I admit it can be hard to find the motivation to clean. Here are a few tips to help you!

1. Split it up!
Try and do some small things throughout the week to make cleaning on the weekend easier and less time consuming. I like to vacuum several times throughout the week because of the animals. While keeping the amount of dust and animal hair down, vacuumed floors make the apartment look and feel cleaner. Regular vacuuming requires you to pick up things that might accumulate on the floor throughout the week. My boyfriend throws all his dirty clothes on the floor next to the laundry basket (men!). In order to vacuum, you need to put everything away first which in turn helps to keep the house clean.
 I also clean a different area of the house on different days. If you clean something very thoroughly during the week, you either will not have to do anything on the weekend or you can just wipe down that area. Cleaning one area daily means that you can spend less than twenty minutes cleaning a day and still have a clean home!

2. Weeknight Laundry
Another way to keep your cleaning load down on the weekends is to try and do laundry throughout the week. It is very easy to put a load in and swap them around while watching tv. I also like to watch tv while folding laundry and pairing socks, it makes for a good distraction.

3. Have friends/family over
Nothing motivates me to clean our home more than inviting people over. I want my house to be clean and welcoming so that people continue to come over for dinner, watch games, or just to hang out.


4. Rearrange
I get bored easily so I like to rearrange the furniture, mainly in the bedroom. Although we will be rearranging the living room and dining area when our new couch comes in! While rearranging, I vacuum a lot so I need to put everything away. I am typically more motivated to keep a newly arranged room clean because it is still fresh and exciting.

5. Make the bed daily
Making your bed every morning keeps your room looking organized. When the bed looks nice I am more inspired to keep the rest of the room neat and tidy.

Of course Callie had to be in the picture :)
Buy comforter here!
Throw Pillow Here!

6. Plan it out
I love lists. I write everything down in lists, in multiple places. I will write the same list on my white board, in my planner, and in the notes on my phone. I feel so accomplished when I can delete something from the list or cross it off.



 Planner here

Sometimes life gets in the way and your laundry sat in the basket all week and you were unable to clean. Just set aside a few hours on Saturday or Sunday and do a good cleaning and start over next week! A clean home is welcoming and relaxing. The absence of clutter and chaos in your home, especially in your room, is less stressful and can help you sleep better at night! Just know how great everything is going to look when it is cleaned!

No comments:

Post a Comment