Friday, September 11, 2015

Healthy Skin

We all have that friend who has absolutely flawless skin. The one who is naturally gorgeous and has perfect skin without having to work for it. This can be very upsetting and discouraging to the rest of us who work hard and struggle to have beautiful, healthy skin. I wanted to share a few tips I've found to be extremely helpful in keeping my skin looking it's best!

1. Do not wear make up!

Make up is bad for your skin plain and simple. It clogs your pores causing more undesirable blemishes.  If you must wear makeup, try to do it only when necessary and take it off as soon as you get home. Clean your face thoroughly to be certain you get rid of all the makeup! DO NOT wear makeup while you work out!


2. Visit a dermatologist

Instead of spending a lot of time at stores looking at different face washes and cleansing products and testing them out, make an appointment with a dermatologist. They will be better able to recommend products for your skin type that will work better than stuff from your local grocery store. You may even get a prescription face wash or lotion to help. It is also important to check your skin regularly for questionable moles. (I will upload a post about the products I use on my skin later)

Also, your friend who may not be working very hard for their beautiful skin may have visited a dermatologist and gotten expert advice and great quality products. Do not feel discouraged in visiting a doctor for help!

3. Drink plenty of water
 
Water has a variety of benefits for your body, including helping you have beautiful skin! It hydrates your skin increasing elasticity and giving you a healthy, youthful glow. 

4. Wear sunscreen

The sun and the vitamin D in sun are healthy for you, but not too much! I must admit that I am guilty of not always following this one. I hate the smell and feel of sunscreen so it took me a long time to find one I was willing to wear on my face, my dermatologist recommended it. Wearing sunscreen helps to prevent moles, sunspots, and wrinkles! 

5. Stick to a routine

Wash your face regularly, even when you are tired or lazy. Most people tell you that washing your face once a day is best. They suggest washing your face at night to wash off the dirt and grime of the day. While this is good, I find it equally as important to wash your face first thing in the morning. Along with waking you up, it gets rid of the sweat and pillow/hair oils that have accumulated on your face all night. Also try to keep your hair pulled back out of your face when you sleep and wash your pillowcases frequently. I like to wash my sheets and pillow cases every weekend!

6. Treat yourself

My last tip is to splurge a little! Treat yourself to a facial or a relaxing massage to calm and relieve stress. Buy yourself a nice face mask or washes/cleansers. You and your skin deserve some pampering!

 
I hope you find some of these tips helpful! Remember to see the beauty your life and love yourself!




"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and a pretty soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment