Monday, September 14, 2015

Fresh Start To Working Out

Working out is very important to me. I love the stress relief it provides and I love being in great shape. I am very competitive so I love playing sports. I do not work out to be thin, I work out to be healthy and in good shape. I want muscle tone and strength over being skinny. There is a big difference between being lean and toned and just being skinny.

However, school and life often get in the way of being able to work out regularly. I know it is important to make a better effort to find time every day but I get tired after a long day at school. I have been trying to have a more positive outlook on life and focus on myself. Life is not meant to be constant work and struggle, we are supposed to be happy! So in order to keep with this spirit, I have decided to start fresh and give it one hundred percent.

Here are a few tips for finding the motivation to work out..

1. Work out in the morning
When you work out first thing in the day, you beat the end of the day exhaustion. Working out in the morning is also revitalizing and leaves you feeling accomplished the rest of the day. There are many other benefits to working out in the morning, maybe I'll create another blog post on that!

2. Find your activity
To get your work outs in, find an activity that you love to do and look forward to doing. Hiking, surfing, dance classes, or adult sports leagues are all fun ways to work out.

3. Bring a friend
Working out with a friend is very motivational because you will be less likely to bail on your work out if you have someone waiting on you. It helps if you have common goals or interests in activities, but even if you don't you can always just take a long walk and spend time gossiping.

4. Pencil it in
When you write it down in your schedule or plan the time to go to the gym, you will be more likely to follow through. It serves as a reminder and as a motivation to get it done.

5. Set goals
Have short term goals leading to a long term goal to help keep your interest. It will keep you motivated when you are successfully reaching the goals you set for yourself. For example, instead of having one long term weight loss goal, focus on working out a certain number of times per week. Reward yourself when you reach each of your short term goals, or just after each work out to condition your body to look forward to working out!

6. Don't give up
Sometimes life will get in the way so don't get discouraged or feel like you have failed yourself if you miss a work out. Just make sure you get back on track the next day and keep going!



 Remember to take your progress slow as you get back into working out so you don't injure yourself! That was my problem last time, I kept increasing my running distance too quickly and got hurt and could not work out for a month. So join me on my fitness journey and share some of the ways you motivate yourself to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment